Tuesday, August 2, 2011

That which ties feline to human

For the last two weeks a roller coaster of emotions has ridden throughout my body.  Restless slumber nights, subdued eating habits and lack luster acknowledgement to thrills swirling around.  When events occur which rock our placid shores it gives us true meaning to our belief systems.  Do we hold up the wall or allow for it to crumbly under the minuet amount of strain?  Do we ostracize ourselves and others in the attempt to create healthy boundaries?  Or do we build fences instead to protect our fear.  For all who know me, you are well aware of my feline companion Sir Francis Aka Halibut as being the love of my life.  I have never known for there to be a bond that can run so deep before I met my cat.  He is truly the greatest gift I have ever received.  He has played an enormous role in my life over the years.  He was my travel companion when I feared driving, was with me when I said, I Do to my husband, decorated my first place with nail, teeth and fur marks, accompanied me on a multitude of Starbucks trips, listen to me when I had a less then spectacular day, slept with me when I didn't want to sleep alone, indulged me by wearing holiday costumes, patiently awaited for me to snap a multitude of pictures of him and licked my forehead when I was feeling under the weather.  Over the last 9 years he has held his place within my heart as being my ember of light.  As he fights on to survive his own illness I take the time to cherish all that i've had, do have and will have with him.  I marvel at his amazing spirit and will to continue on fighting.  I feel honored that such a remarkable little creature has blessed me with so much love and has allowed for me to be such a large part in his life.  "To think that life is short".....has the biggest impact when you risk losing someone you love.
~M

1 comment:

  1. Monique....
    What a beautiful tribute to your FurBaby. He is absolutely connected to you in spirit. It is wonderful that you love him so and honor him by ensuring that he is given all the love and support he needs at this time.
    You my dear, should be commended for your commitment and love. Here's to improved health and catnip cookies :)

    ReplyDelete