Thursday, July 14, 2011

For The Love Of An Animal

I'm Back!!!!  Its been a few months of challenges, transformation and transitions....But once again I have emerged a stronger person then I once was.  Traveling down a path to enlightenment isn't always the easiest.  It isn't always the most rewarding and many of times it is difficult to see where the light shinning will guide you when you are blinded by the pain within your heart.  We try our best to be the spiritual beings that we seek to become.  Without fault we find fault within our seeking and learn a new course altogether.  With love and passion we seek to do phenomenal things with us defining what phenomenal is.  Rather it be holding the door open for a stranger or buying groceries for the less fortunate.  Or perhaps in my particular case phenomenal concludes saving a dog from her end at the shelter and her being my armor of courage.  We wish for fairytale endings and forever interludes.  However, sometimes, some of us end up with "for the time being".  Short periods in which we learn something grand from remarkable beings about ourselves and what are limits are.  Sometimes these beings dispel our fears and allow us to see what really lies within our hearts.  Thanks to my beloved fur babies I have found the courage to love the many faceted sides of me and to truly see how much motherhood lies within my own heart.  As much as I would love to keep some of them by my side always, they too have a journey of their own and a purpose in their hearts.  As I learn to let go, release attachment and move forward without judgement I further grow as an enlightened being one step closer to my own truth.         

3 comments:

  1. So incredible you write about this. Last week I was feeling so very unloveable. I was focusing on all my faults and feeling down. But then, as I pet my little doggy, I saw the love he had for me as he looked at me with his big brown eyes. For a moment it felt like I was looking at myself through his soul. Such an unconditional and pure love and bound. He doesn't care thay I drive an old Hyundai or that i may have gained weight.... or even love me for what type of job I have. He doesnt care if i shop at Whole Foods or a grocery warehouse. He doesnt care when I dont have makeup on or if i seem to measure up to these lofty expectatins that keep me paralyzed in fear sometimes. For that brief moment I was real, stripped down and exposed through his love for me. It was a grand experience. Insight into ourselves comes from the most significantly overlooked places at times. I thank my puppy for showing me how loveable I really am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautifully said Laura!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm glad you have the chance to experience the euphoric love of a pet and be able to accept all the qualities that make you yourself unique. In the eyes of a pet we are perfect just the way we are. They find no fault, no judgement and hold no grudges against us. They are pure and unconditional love. Something we strive our entire lives to become and hold onto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Monique for writing this. Many people are going through some difficult times right now. The energies are coming in strong, and this is forcing people to work through issues that they have suppressed for far too long. We are spiritual beings. We have come here to do great things. I know that our life can be sidetracked by life's curveballs that it throws our way. But I also know that I can always get up. I can try again. We have the capacity to touch people's lives in profound ways. Our every act of kindness is transforming our world. Our love makes the impossible possible. Thanks again for writing this beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete