Friday, December 23, 2011

Black Feather....Black Feather....Tis Is I Who Sees You

As most of you are aware of I recently lost my Great Aunt to cancer this year.  Having made it to her ninety first Birthday, her life was far from boring.  She was a tenaciously strong-willed and fathomable women.  One whom I honored and cherished as a role model for many of my various endeavors.  Always there as a backer in all I chose to take on, I basked in her naches of me.  Since the day of her passing, I have been repeatedly gifted with black feathers.  Now those of my dearest and closest know well my home is nothing but a feather haven.  Down pillows and comforters, couch cushions and feather lined garments.  However, I rarely find black feathers floating throughout my home, car and varies visited establishments.

That has of course all changed these last two weeks.  First impression was a proverbial feeling of warmth and compassion that yes indeed spirit was mourning along beside me.  Supporting me in my humanistic time of grief and sorrow.  That quickly changed as the days drew on and the feathers quickly increased.  Black feathers on my pillow case upon waking up.  Black feathers on a restaurant table.  Black feathers on a public sink counter, in a photo album, in the car console, at a friends house and even one small black feather lying across my cats back.  Rather its symbolic of her passing, her presence still with me (even in the after life) or simply a clue that certain times have come to an end.  I honor the symbol bestowed upon me.  This black feather consort.  I give thanks not only to the unknown, but also to my newly heightened awareness to see such gifting as truly a gift.
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment