Monday, July 23, 2012

Shimming through the streets of NYC

As I look back on the last time I posted on here I was in the thralls of some major life changes.  A move, an ending, a new life, a renewal and an opening to what was to come.  As many who choose to live a spiritual path know, what we hope for, try to create and plan to obtain rarely happen.  What does happen is the unexpected, the grace and the letting go in order to live a life more in the flow of the universe.  The move vanished after an excruciating 4 months of hard lessons.  The ending prolonged onward and the renewal?  Well....lets just say that life is a continuous renewal of circumstance.  So needless to say after 9 months of heartache, frustration and lackluster feelings I came up with the brilliant idea to take life by the reins once more and live vivaciously.  Where did this courageous idea lead me you ask??  Right into the heart of "The Big Apple" on a spiritual discovery of a lifetime.  Now I wont condone that one needs to asterbate adventure in order to find a little spiritualism.  But I will say that when you have soured of your surrounds what better then to change the scenery.  My entire life I have been comprised by a love affair with NYC.  For no other reason then the chills I gained every time the city was mentioned or seen.  I longed for the excitement and adventure it seemed to loudly boasts.  So what better time to make the leap then after months of anticipated drama.  In a hours time over a glass of wine with a friend the tickets were bought, the trip was planned and the only details were that we were going without there being any details.  True spontaneity!!!  As some of you know from the past I have never allowed myself this freedom.  However, like a dog who has broken his leash and has had a taste of freedom.  I too vow to never go back to my old ways ever again.         

No comments:

Post a Comment