Friday, February 10, 2012

The Lady Lark

As we dive deeper into 2012 the changes just keep coming!!  The recent purchase of another home has made allowances for some new year cleaning .  As I prepare to end my love affair with my current historical gem, I must say goodbye to some of the items accumulated along the way.  This past weekend as I begun to sort and box up contents of the garage I ran across a stack of papers in a far corner.  Amongst those papers to my surprise was an undated poem I had written years prior.  I'm unsure as to what I was eluding to in the poem, but here it is anyways for your delight.

The Lady Lark

Comes says the lady lark I will sing you a song about a love that once was but somehow went mistakenly wrong.  I will sing a tale of sorrow from my bearded breast and from it you will hear of wisdom put to an unfathomable test.  

Come says the lady lark sit by me and ponder, about a time where loves heart kept solance in wonder.  Years wasted through and through.  Still lessons unlearned.  True loves hand wipes ones own tears wept through hurt.  Inability to break the silence rung true by another.  Push and pull the sacred circles thou shall not break.  Captured with the burden of love, which doesn't take.

Come says the lady lark I will provide you with a guide.  To take away all that hurts and lock it away from you for the time.  Answers are not yours until the chime of the golden dawn.  So sit on my cherish stump and look beyond the wavy lines.  Stand before the palms that appear before innocent eyes.  Pure heart, pure soul, no time for pride.

Come says the lady lark let me tell you the tale of another.  Whose disposition is taught to fight loves grace and never to surrender.  A solider of such, whose lines tell a story of beseech.  Whose own story is so convincingly jaded there is no room for their soul to sleep.

Come says the lady lark as it descends from its stance.  To capture a glimpse of the love whose hand presumes to continuously feed.  I offer you empty promises and words of broken tales.  Yet, you continue to feed me the last of your entrails.  To give so deeply of yourself when I am only fit to sing.  This song of love that once was but somehow went mistakenly wrong.
~M

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monique. Your words are incredible. I felt like I was transported to another time and place. You need to put your work in a book!

    Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Terry!!! Thank you for reading and for the words of encouragement. I truly appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete